fav science cartoon

Unstrange Phenomena

Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food

18 February 2009

Overwhelmed by Your To-Do List? Go With a ‘Will-Do’ List Instead



"Creating task lists can give you an immediate sense of control and productivity.

However, if you have been using them for a while, you may also feel how stressful and overwhelming they can become: instead of shrinking, these lists usually only get longer and longer, no matter how fast you knock your tasks down. What to do?

Every now and then I think about abandoning my task lists altogether. I miss the feeling of freedom I once had when I didn’t use them. But then I must concede that they really help manage my life, and I end up deciding to keep using them.

Luckily, a while ago I came across the idea of ‘will-do’ lists. It’s a great concept from the book Do It Tomorrow by Mark Forster, and it was exactly what I needed to resolve my task management dilemma."

By Luciano Passuelloon

This is something most creative and intelligent people wrestle with on a daily basis. This blogger writes an easy to understand AND easy to do article that is worth your time to read!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain