18 November 2009
7 Funny Quotes About Reading Habits
Reading Upside Down Photo by garryknight @ flickr
From Denny: Today, and every Wednesday, is Cheeky Quote Day over at The Social Poets, one of my many blogs where I dance on the airwaves. Here's a sampling of what's going on today:
* A classic is something that everybody wants to have read
and nobody wants to read. ~ Mark Twain ~
* Never lend books, for no one ever returns them;
the only books I have in my library are books
that other folks have left me. ~ Anatole France ~
* I read the newspaper avidly. It is my one form of continuous fiction. ~ Aneurin Bevan ~
* Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore? ~ Henry Ward Beecher ~
* Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
~ Groucho Marx ~
* Books are the blessed chloroform of the mind. ~ Robert Chambers ~
* Never judge a book by its movie.
~ J. W. Eagan ~
*** To read a bonanza of funny quotes like this, hike on over to The Social Poets for Cheeky Quote Day to get some more grins, go here.
*** Thanks for visiting and come back often! :)